Sunday, July 04, 2004

Of Americana and Other Vacation Excitement

In vacation mode yesterday, I set out for a day of fun and adventure.

First I toured the Americana exhibit in Lime. What a fascinating display! I especially enjoy it when they resurrect buildings and displays that I may have missed in the past due to my tender SL age. I met up with Helen and Ellen there and we took a brief fly around. I especially loved the Chrysler building.

Then Helen left and Ellen and I went looking through Plum for more exhibits. We happened upon the Beta Wall of Fame (my name, I think - not sure what it's called officially). There we met Artemis who took me on a surreally wild Go-Cart ride and then we crashed a motorcycle into the middle of a wall somewhere in the Lime Americana exhibit!

I played 5 rounds of Bingo which was fantastic, high-speed fun. Didn't win anything though. And as a bonus, I took myself mini-golfing - fun! Can't wait to do that with friends. Thank goodness an onlooker took pity on me and gave me some pointers about how to actually get the golf ball somewhere near the hole!

I ended my fun on Helen and Ellen's cobblestone parque central in Atlas, with sparklers in both hands, celebrating with friends.