Thursday, July 15, 2004

Munchkins Followed By Live Jazz

Suitably attired in munchkin regalia, I returned to Oz with my trusty companion, Spumoni. (I had visited a couple days ago but had to leave prematurely.)

Oz is an astounding wonder. Leaving Kansas and the tornado, a meander down the yellow brick road reveals the homes of the various characters, lions/tigers/bears, candyland, the witch's castle, culminating in the majestic Emerald City.

Greeted cheerily by the Good Witch and the Wonderful Wizard, Spumoni (let's call him Toto for now) and I proceeded almost directly to Emerald City for a rendez-vous with my munchkin goddess friends. We munchkins explored the city, tasted the cake and watched the powerful Wizard melt the witch. This general hilarity was capped off by an Oz trivia contest, not my strongpoint, but Toto did clue me into one answer "hot dog", the thing he steals at the start of the film.

Just as the quiz ended, I was invited to a live jazz concert, and it was a wonderful, soothing and magical finish to my evening. Live music in SL is amazing in itself - and Astrin Few was outstanding. Friends gathered at Faerie Muse's. Dancing, singing, hushed conversation. It was an amazing evening and a dramatic contrast to the almost-frenetic munchkin activity which preceded it.