Saturday, September 11, 2004

Crazy Patchwork

(To spend time blogging means I may be missing an inworld experience. This is an attempt to excuse my lack of diligence to this blog... it will probably continue in this haphazard manner... thanks to anyone who actually looks in on occasion...)

Second Life is such a crazy patchwork for me at times... It's almost indescribable. The past few days have been especially full of the wild, whacky and surreal. Spending time at my usual bench in the Welcome Area has led to some crazy chat/IM combos that have left me energized and exhausted. I find that the overall level of chat speed I encounter seems to be increasing... or perhaps I'm spending more time in populated areas?

The other night I was introduced to a whole bunch of friends of a friend who typed the fastest and whackiest of any group I've met inworld to date. After a lengthy gab session we transported to James Nash's schizophrenia build where I experienced voices in my head for what seemed like a very long time. I left with a different, more complete, perspective on this area of mental illness. Troubled too - at least the IM voices in my Cyrena head aren't generally saying such destructive things, but they exist in a similar fashion nonetheless, constant unseen communications I carry with me around the world.

I have a friend, Sulendro (who has his own blog), who suggests that I consider limiting my multi-tasking. I think that's a wise suggestion although it may require more self-discipline than I currently possess.

Anyway, accomplishments and activities this past week include but are not limited to: participating in a reiki healing session, buying a plane, crashing it twice, buying a sailboat, going sailing without crashing(!), meeting many, many new (intelligent, funny, creative) people, having a four-threaded conversation in the Welcome Area with 4 sets of IMs going while eating RL pizza dinner and not spilling it on keyboard, Mahjong (of course), pillaging and swordfighting (oops, different game), Friday night dancing on the beach... and more.