Monday, September 27, 2004

Morning Eye-Opener

Popped into Atlas for a moment this morning, just to check in for the day, when I received an unmarked invitation to jump over to Abbott's. Since I rarely turn down an invite, I went there directly...

I arrived to find a motley crew, Viola, Siggy and Jauani sitting on some kind of vehicle. Now I'm thinking - special plane? hot air balloon, maybe?. It's early - that would be a nice way to start the day, peaceful, tranquil...

"Get ready for the ride of your life" said Jauani. "Someone give Cyrena a parachute" said Viola. Parachute??! Uh oh... This may be more excitement than I had anticipated...

Luckily I carry a parachute around with me so I strapped it on directly. There was no time to change out of my miniskirt and heels... or to think of upcoming danger... Within 30 seconds I was plunging wildly to the ground.... "I'm fallllliiiiinnnnngggggg...." I shouted.... "Woooo...." I heard back.

The parachute deployed! And I was hung in midair from some part of Abbott's architecture... Plus I was now WIDE AWAKE! Slipped out of my parachute to find my crazy crewmates safely landed and prepping for another run...

A second skydive and I was ready to start my day... I love this place...